Welcome to Race to Win. I’m your host, Sprint McDowell. We have a great show lined up, and you can win big money.First of all, I’d like to thank everyone watching here at the studio. We have a packed house today.
Keep track of your choices. Answers are given at the end. Let’s begin the competition!
1) Term for being beaten by a girl in a race.
- A) I took a gender hit.
- B) I got ponytailed.
- C) I got chicked.
- D) Sports bra 1; jockstrap 0
I like your response to that question. You’re showing me you know your running lingo. I see some prize money coming your way!Let’s see how you do on question number two.
2) Common phrase for a runner slowing way down and finishing poorly.
- A) My legs got fried like chicken.
- B) I died.
- C) I wasted my pace in the middle of the race.
- D) When I tried turning it on, there was no switch.
Another great response there! Race to Win has been the No. 1-rated game show for the past five years, and in my book, our contestants are No. 1 also.
Let’s move on to question number three.
3) Term for a strategy where you stay behind the leaders before making your move late in the race.
- A) Hang back.
- B) Hang out.
- C) Run incognito.
- D) The sneaky grim reaper.
Oh, our studio audience is really getting into today’s contest. I hear a group chanting your name. A couple banners urging you to win it all are being waved. That’s nice!
Okay, next question.
4) Term for the item pictured below that runners wear at races.
- A) Number thingy.
- B) In-box number bib for post-race hook-up.
- C) Covert race security tracking number.
- D) Race bib.
Let’s take a break. I’d like to get to know you, the contestant. Tell me about yourself. Have you had any good races lately? How’s your training going? Just speak at the photo of me below which activates an app that collects your words and delivers it to me real time.
Okay, thanks. Now, the toughest part of our quiz, Double Race to Win. Good luck!
5) Evan, a highly-rated US ultra runner, said, “I signed up for trash, but I cleaned like polish”, after running a 50-miler. What does this mean?
- A) He ran into a tree.
- B) He picked up litter while running.
- C) He fought off a bear.
- D) Profuse sweating rinsed away trail dust on his legs.
Our studio audience is loving it. They’re on their feet screaming for you. But I know that can be a distraction. Hold on for just a moment.
“Listen, everyone, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but let’s quiet down so our contestants can concentrate.”Okay, that’s better. Here we go, our final question.
6) Courtney, a very talented Canadian marathoner, said of her upcoming race, “I got my ducks in a line like cocky soldiers.” What does she mean?
- A) There’s no stopping her sprint to the victory podium.
- B) She’ll smash the course record.
- C) No one, man or woman, will come close to beating her.
- D) All of the above.
And here’s the answers:
- 1) C – I got chicked
- 2) B – I died
- 3) A – Hang back
- 4) D – Race bib
- 5) C – Profuse sweating rinsed away trail dust on his legs.
- 6) D – All of the above
I’m impressed by your level of knowledge. I salute your amazing performance.
This has been so exciting. We’re taking a hit because so much cash was won, but no problem. That’s why we have generous sponsors. To claim your earnings, download the app Cash for Me from the app store and just touch the envelope below on you mobile screen. A slot will form and your well-earned money will be dispensed.
I’m your host of Race to Win, Sprint McDowell. Until next time, keep on running and keep on winning! Bye!